What Are The Greenways?
- In demand by Nashvillians and visitors
- Developed through cooperation with the community
- Built by Metro Parks and overseen by the Greenways Commission, which advises the Park Board
- Supported by Greenways for Nashville, a private-sector nonprofit friends group
Why Are They Important?
- Build a network of trails and open spaces in Davidson County, linking neighborhoods, schools, parks and commercial areas.
- Provide readily accessible recreational options in a natural setting, enhancing the health of Nashvillians.
- Support conservation of natural resources including wetlands, floodplains, plant and wildlife habitat, thereby improving air and water quality in our city.
- Provide alternative transportation routes and connectivity as part of Metro’s multi-modal transportation system.
SAVE $2.00 on admission*
*When you bring in your physical copy of In & Around 2019